How the French Protest Marriage Inequality
BY Lucas Grindley
April 15 2012 10:39 AM ET
Ahead of France's presidential election, two men were symbolically wed today in Lannion to highlight the country's lack of marriage equality.
David Humily and Julien Abernot were part of "Wedding for All" protests held across the country. A member of the "Paris convent of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence" did the officiating.
The Sisters is an order of queer nuns founded in San Francisco in 1979 that has chapters all over the world.
See photos from the ceremony on the following pages.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View