NOM Prints Enemies List in New Hampshire
BY Lucas Grindley
April 16 2012 2:15 PM ET
The National Organization for Marriage is so angry with Republican lawmakers who voted against repealing marriage equality in New Hampshire that they've taken out a full-page newspaper ad listing all of their names.
NOM says it's a list of Republicans who "betrayed" them. "They led voters to believe they supported traditional marriage, but instead voted in favor of same- sex marriage," the advertisement reads. It ran in New Hampshire papers on Friday.
In an overwhelming vote of 211-116, the House stopped a push to repeal marriage equality last month. The state's Democratic governor had threatened to veto the bill if it ever made it to his desk, but it failed to pass even one chamber.
NOM wants fellow opponents to, "Contact the Republican legislators below and let them know how disappointed you are, and that you intend to hold them accountable for abandoning marriage."
(But for pro-marriage readers, the list will probably have a different effect.)
Read the complete list on the following page.
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Separate or Together? 16 min 21 sec ago
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America 17 min 7 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero? 47 min 20 sec ago
- Music WATCH: The Best (and Not So Best) of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music 2 hours 16 min ago
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? December 09 2013 7:09 PM