's Unique: Show Introduces Trans Character
BY Neal Broverman
April 18 2012 1:40 PM ET
Glee continues to challenge viewers, this time by introducing a teenage transgender character named Unique.
Unique, who identifies as female, is part of a rival show choir to McKinley High's. Unique is introduced as "Wade" and initially dresses male. She wants to take the stage as Unique, though Kurt, the popular gay character portrayed by Chris Colfer, advises her against it. Unique explains her situation to Kurt, who identifies as male and gay.
When Unique eventually does take the stage, she wows the crowd with her talent and confidence. The character is played by Alex from the reality program The Glee Project; it's not yet clear if Unique will return for more Glee episodes. Read more here.
- Current Issue Number Crunch: A Church in Crisis 1 hour 13 min ago
- Current Issue The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd 2 hours 12 min ago
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books March 09 2014 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah March 09 2014 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions March 09 2014 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open March 09 2014 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play March 09 2014 1:00 PM