After John Carter Debacle, Disney Studios' Gay Chief Steps Down
BY Neal Broverman
April 20 2012 2:35 PM ET
After two and a half years leading Disney Studios, Rich Ross is leaving his coveted post.
The former television executive, behind such successes as Hannah Montana and High School Musical, didn't have a seamless transition to film studio head. His biggest disappointment was the sci-fi flick John Carter, which bombed at the box office and cost Disney $200 million. The Hollywood Reporter notes that Ross's personality may also have rubbed some Hollywood insiders the wrong way.
Ross was named part of the Out100 by Out magazine in 2010.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'