After John Carter Debacle, Disney Studios' Gay Chief Steps Down
BY Neal Broverman
April 20 2012 3:35 PM ET
After two and a half years leading Disney Studios, Rich Ross is leaving his coveted post.
The former television executive, behind such successes as Hannah Montana and High School Musical, didn't have a seamless transition to film studio head. His biggest disappointment was the sci-fi flick John Carter, which bombed at the box office and cost Disney $200 million. The Hollywood Reporter notes that Ross's personality may also have rubbed some Hollywood insiders the wrong way.
Ross was named part of the Out100 by Out magazine in 2010.
- TBT: Mid-Century Dreamboats
- WATCH: Kentucky Clerk Defies Court Again, Turns Away Same-Sex Couple a Third Time
- Trayvon Martin Killer George Zimmerman Proves He's a Racist Homophobe
- Why This Latina Photographer Documented the Moment She Came Out to Her Parents
- WATCH: Did a Texas Chef Refuse to Cater This Couple's Wedding?
- We Made Lily Tomlin Cry