WATCH: O'Reilly Suggest Glee Turns Kids Gay
BY Neal Broverman
April 21 2012 7:05 PM ET
Bill O'Reilly is at again, suggesting to his Fox News audience that the TV show Glee somehow turns kids gay or transgender.
O'Reilly was joined in his opinions by talking head Gretchen Carlson, who appeared on his show on Thursday. Both O'Reilly and Carlson agreed that Glee was good entertainment, but they felt it went too far with LGBT issues. O'Reilly said as a child he was influenced to smoke by James Dean, so the same may be true of kids today watching gay teens like the one portrayed by actor Darren Criss (seen above).
Carlson sighed when she saw a clip of a teen cross-dressing, saying that it complicated her life because she now has to explain to her child what a transgender person is. She also added that today's kids were experimenting with homosexuality because celebrities "do it on the side," because of "drug-fueled" binges.
Luckily, Judge Jeanine Pirro was there to dispute O'Reilly and Carlson's assertions, almost laughing herself out of her chair. Watch the clip below.
- Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- Boston: Major Beer Sponsor Pulls Out of St. Pat's Parade
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Vox Editor in Chief Defends Hiring of 'Homophobic' Gay Writer
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Blasts Critics of Obama's Funny or Die Interview
- HHS Orders Insurers to Cover All Married Same-Sex Couples
- Film Is Terence Davies' The Long Day Closes the Greatest Gay Film Ever Made? 21 min 24 sec ago
- Media Vox Editor in Chief Defends Hiring of 'Homophobic' Gay Writer 1 hour 15 min ago
- Health HHS Orders Insurers to Cover All Married Same-Sex Couples 1 hour 38 min ago
- Politics Big Repub Donors Fund Push for ENDA 2 hours 19 min ago
- Love and Sex Ready and Looking: The Dilemma of a 20-Something 2 hours 21 min ago
- Media Maddow Blasts Critics of Obama's Funny or Die Interview 2 hours 41 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Game Developers Conference Tackles LGBT Representation in Video Games 2 hours 45 min ago