WATCH: The New Ads Against N.C.'s Amendment One
BY Neal Broverman
April 23 2012 1:30 PM ET
Two new commercials urging North Carolinians to reject the antigay and draconian Amendment One have premiered, and they show how the antigay ballot initiative could harm children and single heterosexual women.
Early voting on Amendment One, which would constitutionally ban same-sex marriage in North Carolina and would take rights away from single people, has begun. Voters will go to the polls on May 8 to weigh in on the initiative. One of the new commercials features a young mother describing how her daughter would lose her health insurance should Amendment One pass, simply because the mother is not married. The other commercial shows a formerly battered woman discussing how Amendment One could make her lose a protection order against her ex-boyfriend. Watch the videos below.
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Lesbian-Led U.S Women Are One Win Away From The World Cup!
- Abby Wambach on Winning, her Wife, and the Elusive World Cup
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Mike Huckabee: Selfish 'Redefinition of Love' Is Destroying Marriage