WATCH: The New Ads Against N.C.'s Amendment One
BY Neal Broverman
April 23 2012 1:30 PM ET
Two new commercials urging North Carolinians to reject the antigay and draconian Amendment One have premiered, and they show how the antigay ballot initiative could harm children and single heterosexual women.
Early voting on Amendment One, which would constitutionally ban same-sex marriage in North Carolina and would take rights away from single people, has begun. Voters will go to the polls on May 8 to weigh in on the initiative. One of the new commercials features a young mother describing how her daughter would lose her health insurance should Amendment One pass, simply because the mother is not married. The other commercial shows a formerly battered woman discussing how Amendment One could make her lose a protection order against her ex-boyfriend. Watch the videos below.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Greenland Parliament Unanimously Green-Lights Marriage Equality