WATCH: The New Ads Against N.C.'s Amendment One
BY Neal Broverman
April 23 2012 12:30 PM ET
Two new commercials urging North Carolinians to reject the antigay and draconian Amendment One have premiered, and they show how the antigay ballot initiative could harm children and single heterosexual women.
Early voting on Amendment One, which would constitutionally ban same-sex marriage in North Carolina and would take rights away from single people, has begun. Voters will go to the polls on May 8 to weigh in on the initiative. One of the new commercials features a young mother describing how her daughter would lose her health insurance should Amendment One pass, simply because the mother is not married. The other commercial shows a formerly battered woman discussing how Amendment One could make her lose a protection order against her ex-boyfriend. Watch the videos below.
- Entertainment News Musto: Tom Daley & Maria Bello Are Bi, Get Used To It 2 hours 49 min ago
- Television WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever! 7:00 AM
- Comedy Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School 6:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: These Couples Prove Love Is Love 5:00 AM
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM