WATCH: The New Ads Against N.C.'s Amendment One
BY Neal Broverman
April 23 2012 1:30 PM ET
Two new commercials urging North Carolinians to reject the antigay and draconian Amendment One have premiered, and they show how the antigay ballot initiative could harm children and single heterosexual women.
Early voting on Amendment One, which would constitutionally ban same-sex marriage in North Carolina and would take rights away from single people, has begun. Voters will go to the polls on May 8 to weigh in on the initiative. One of the new commercials features a young mother describing how her daughter would lose her health insurance should Amendment One pass, simply because the mother is not married. The other commercial shows a formerly battered woman discussing how Amendment One could make her lose a protection order against her ex-boyfriend. Watch the videos below.
- Military Boston Mayor Snubs Homophobic St. Patrick's Day Parade 37 min 38 sec ago
- Religion Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death? 1:41 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Madonna... in Game of Thrones? 1:12 PM
- Travel WATCH: Planes Battle Birmingham, England's Tail Winds March 15 2014 9:11 PM
- Religion Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia March 15 2014 7:41 PM
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman March 15 2014 2:59 PM
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men March 15 2014 2:52 PM