BY Michelle Garcia
August 11 2011 1:45 AM ET
Increasing numbers of straight men admit having gay sex, study finds
2006: A recent study of more than 4,000 New York City men found that nearly 10% of participants who identified as straight admitted to having gay sex in the past year. This group, 70% of whom were married, were less likely to have been tested for HIV infection or to have used a condom during their last sexual encounter with a man. There are serious ramifications for these findings, Preeti Pathela, lead author of the study, said in a statement.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- Op-ed: Helping Gays Find Love Isn't Easy, Especially In the South
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate