BY Michelle Garcia
August 11 2011 12:45 AM ET
Increasing numbers of straight men admit having gay sex, study finds
2006: A recent study of more than 4,000 New York City men found that nearly 10% of participants who identified as straight admitted to having gay sex in the past year. This group, 70% of whom were married, were less likely to have been tested for HIV infection or to have used a condom during their last sexual encounter with a man. There are serious ramifications for these findings, Preeti Pathela, lead author of the study, said in a statement.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'