BY Michelle Garcia
August 11 2011 1:45 AM ET
Researchers Discover Sex-Change Gene
2011: Researchers at the University of Minnesota Medical School and College of Biological Sciences have discovered a gene that is required to maintain male sex throughout life. However, they found that removing an important male development gene, called Dmrt1, causes male cells in mouse testes to become female cells.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 9 Ugly Faces of HIV Stigma
- WATCH: StoryCorps Founder Discuss Gay Dad in Inspiring TED Talk
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'