BY Michelle Garcia
August 11 2011 1:45 AM ET
Study: People have sex because it feels good
2007: How's this for shocking? After exhaustively compiling a list of the 237 reasons people have sex, researchers found that young men and women get intimate for mostly the same motivations. It's more about lust in the body than a love connection in the heart. College-age men and women agree on their top reasons for having sex: They were attracted to the person, they wanted to experience physical pleasure, and ''it feels good,'' according to a peer-reviewed study in the August edition of Archives of Sexual Behavior. Twenty of the top 25 reasons given for having sex were the same for men and women. Expressing love and showing affection were in the top 10 for both men and women, but they did take a backseat to the clear number 1: ''I was attracted to the person.''
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'