BY Michelle Garcia
August 11 2011 1:45 AM ET
Study: People have sex because it feels good
2007: How's this for shocking? After exhaustively compiling a list of the 237 reasons people have sex, researchers found that young men and women get intimate for mostly the same motivations. It's more about lust in the body than a love connection in the heart. College-age men and women agree on their top reasons for having sex: They were attracted to the person, they wanted to experience physical pleasure, and ''it feels good,'' according to a peer-reviewed study in the August edition of Archives of Sexual Behavior. Twenty of the top 25 reasons given for having sex were the same for men and women. Expressing love and showing affection were in the top 10 for both men and women, but they did take a backseat to the clear number 1: ''I was attracted to the person.''
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: What I Learned From My High School's Gay English Teacher
- Omar Sharif Jr. Featured on Arabic TV News
- WATCH: Daily Show Correspondent Takes on Antigay Ark. Pastor
- PHOTOS: Six Stabbed at Jerusalem Pride March