BY Michelle Garcia
August 24 2009 4:15 PM ET
The Los Angeles County coroner's office has deemed Michael Jackson's June 25 death a homicide, according to the Los Angeles Times.
A month and a half after Jackson's memorial in Los Angeles -- and about a week before his scheduled burial -- the coroner's office revealed that his doctor, Conrad Murray, had given him "lethal levels" of propofol intravenously to treat his insomnia. Murray said he had been trying to wean the pop giant from the drug, and had previously lowered his dosage from 50 milligrams to 25 milligrams, while also combining it with two other sedatives (lorazepam and midazolam).
The morning before Jackson died, Murray attempted to induce sleep without using the propofol, according to a court affidavit. When the Valium that Murray gave Jackson at 1:30 a.m. did not work, Murray gave him lorazepam at 2 a.m., and an hour later, a dosage of midazolam.
He continued to give Jackson more drugs through the morning, until 10:40 a.m., when Jackson allegedly demanded 25 milligrams of propofol, which Murray admits to administering.
Police confiscated other drugs from Jackson's home.
Investigators have yet to determine whether Murray’s decision to administer the drug to Jackson outside a hospital setting reaches a level of negligence required for an involuntary manslaughter charge.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- Robbie Rogers Becomes First Openly Gay Major League Soccer Player
- Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying?
- The 'Undetectable' Paradox
- Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television Jason Collins Calls It a 'Slam-Dunk!' and More Fake Gay Reviews for Behind the Candelabra May 25 2013 6:30 PM
- Food and Drink Want to Eat a Hot Dog Named After Harvey Fierstein? May 25 2013 5:53 PM
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash May 25 2013 3:02 PM
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings May 25 2013 1:56 PM
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea, Victim's Parents Speak May 25 2013 1:21 PM
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 May 25 2013 12:44 PM
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' May 25 2013 12:35 PM