BY Michelle Garcia
August 24 2009 3:15 PM ET
The Los Angeles County coroner's office has deemed Michael Jackson's June 25 death a homicide, according to the Los Angeles Times.
A month and a half after Jackson's memorial in Los Angeles -- and about a week before his scheduled burial -- the coroner's office revealed that his doctor, Conrad Murray, had given him "lethal levels" of propofol intravenously to treat his insomnia. Murray said he had been trying to wean the pop giant from the drug, and had previously lowered his dosage from 50 milligrams to 25 milligrams, while also combining it with two other sedatives (lorazepam and midazolam).
The morning before Jackson died, Murray attempted to induce sleep without using the propofol, according to a court affidavit. When the Valium that Murray gave Jackson at 1:30 a.m. did not work, Murray gave him lorazepam at 2 a.m., and an hour later, a dosage of midazolam.
He continued to give Jackson more drugs through the morning, until 10:40 a.m., when Jackson allegedly demanded 25 milligrams of propofol, which Murray admits to administering.
Police confiscated other drugs from Jackson's home.
Investigators have yet to determine whether Murray’s decision to administer the drug to Jackson outside a hospital setting reaches a level of negligence required for an involuntary manslaughter charge.
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- Lady Gaga Congratulates Tom Daley, Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM
- Women American Horror Story: Coven -- Ritual Witch-ual December 06 2013 8:30 PM
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? December 06 2013 7:26 PM
- Election Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary December 06 2013 6:53 PM
- Women WATCH: Santana Lopez as the Best Bad Santa Ever! December 06 2013 6:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Robertson Prays for Gays 'Recruited' By Abuse December 06 2013 4:41 PM
- Women WATCH: Idina Menzel's Female Empowerment Anthem from Frozen December 06 2013 4:07 PM