BY Advocate.com Editors
August 24 2009 4:40 PM ET
Last week, Advocate.com reported on an encounter between drag queen/die hard Wendy Williams fan Erickatoure Aviance and the producers of the talk show host’s daytime gabfest.
Aviance was told she couldn’t appear on camera or ask Williams a question during the show's “Ask Wendy” segment because of a strict no costumes policy. This after Williams gave several interview, including one to Advocate.com, in which she expressed a deep love and personal connection with the drag community.
Fast-forward one week to an interview with Williams in the New York Post . The former radio show host with a gift for asking anything and everything of her guests described her over-the-top look to a Post reporter.
Williams is “5' 11" in flip-flops, 6'4" in the 5-inch Christian Louboutin's she favors,” boasts surgically enhanced double-D breasts and brags about the fact that she has more than 20 wigs, some specifically for the show, and some just for day wear.
In her words, nothing makes Williams more uncomfortable than being in a room with a woman who is taller than her. She says if it happens, she ducks into a corner and teases her hair that much higher.
"I get angry is there's any woman in the room bigger than me," she says. "I hate it. If I'm not the tallest when I walk in a room I will go and tease up my wig."
At the end of the interview, when asked by the reporter how she feels about nay-sayers who think mainstream America might not be ready for Williams, she offers this bit of wisdom.
"I'll always be comfortable being me, because at the end of the day I don't know what it's like to cater to one personality to get something I need. I've always been the outsider, the misfit."
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia 5 min 11 sec ago
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis 7 min 18 sec ago
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 37 min 7 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Australia's Sexy New Lesbian Web Series Starting From ... Now! 1 hour 30 min ago
- Television 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever 2 hours 11 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris 2 hours 17 min ago
- Women WATCH: Houston's Lesbian Mayor Reveals 'The Gay Agenda' 2:57 PM