BY Advocate.com Editors
August 24 2009 3:40 PM ET
Last week, Advocate.com reported on an encounter between drag queen/die hard Wendy Williams fan Erickatoure Aviance and the producers of the talk show host’s daytime gabfest.
Aviance was told she couldn’t appear on camera or ask Williams a question during the show's “Ask Wendy” segment because of a strict no costumes policy. This after Williams gave several interview, including one to Advocate.com, in which she expressed a deep love and personal connection with the drag community.
Fast-forward one week to an interview with Williams in the New York Post . The former radio show host with a gift for asking anything and everything of her guests described her over-the-top look to a Post reporter.
Williams is “5' 11" in flip-flops, 6'4" in the 5-inch Christian Louboutin's she favors,” boasts surgically enhanced double-D breasts and brags about the fact that she has more than 20 wigs, some specifically for the show, and some just for day wear.
In her words, nothing makes Williams more uncomfortable than being in a room with a woman who is taller than her. She says if it happens, she ducks into a corner and teases her hair that much higher.
"I get angry is there's any woman in the room bigger than me," she says. "I hate it. If I'm not the tallest when I walk in a room I will go and tease up my wig."
At the end of the interview, when asked by the reporter how she feels about nay-sayers who think mainstream America might not be ready for Williams, she offers this bit of wisdom.
"I'll always be comfortable being me, because at the end of the day I don't know what it's like to cater to one personality to get something I need. I've always been the outsider, the misfit."
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 2 hours 39 min ago
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 6:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 5:00 AM
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 5:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM