BY Advocate.com Editors
August 24 2009 4:40 PM ET
Last week, Advocate.com reported on an encounter between drag queen/die hard Wendy Williams fan Erickatoure Aviance and the producers of the talk show host’s daytime gabfest.
Aviance was told she couldn’t appear on camera or ask Williams a question during the show's “Ask Wendy” segment because of a strict no costumes policy. This after Williams gave several interview, including one to Advocate.com, in which she expressed a deep love and personal connection with the drag community.
Fast-forward one week to an interview with Williams in the New York Post . The former radio show host with a gift for asking anything and everything of her guests described her over-the-top look to a Post reporter.
Williams is “5' 11" in flip-flops, 6'4" in the 5-inch Christian Louboutin's she favors,” boasts surgically enhanced double-D breasts and brags about the fact that she has more than 20 wigs, some specifically for the show, and some just for day wear.
In her words, nothing makes Williams more uncomfortable than being in a room with a woman who is taller than her. She says if it happens, she ducks into a corner and teases her hair that much higher.
"I get angry is there's any woman in the room bigger than me," she says. "I hate it. If I'm not the tallest when I walk in a room I will go and tease up my wig."
At the end of the interview, when asked by the reporter how she feels about nay-sayers who think mainstream America might not be ready for Williams, she offers this bit of wisdom.
"I'll always be comfortable being me, because at the end of the day I don't know what it's like to cater to one personality to get something I need. I've always been the outsider, the misfit."
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality
- Canada Lifts Lifetime Blood Ban on Gay Men — But There's a Catch
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile 38 min 34 sec ago
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered 51 min 34 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality 1 hour 12 min ago
- Youth BREAKING: Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth 1 hour 31 min ago
- Theater WATCH: How Billy Porter Becomes Kinky Boots Drag Diva 1 hour 38 min ago
- Entertainment News Debbie Reynolds: 'We All Knew He Was Gay' 2 hours 3 min ago
- World News Ugandan LGBT Activists Arrested While Protesting Media Censorship 2 hours 17 min ago