BY Chris Jai Centeno
August 27 2009 12:20 AM ET
Actress and singer Evan Rachel Wood will make her debut in HBO series True Blood this Sunday as the sexually voracious vampire Queen Sophie-Anne, E! Online reports.
"She's not necessarily a lesbian," Wood said. "Her human partner is a girl, but I'm pretty sure she goes both ways. I think vampires are like that in general."
The 21-year-old Raleigh, N.C.,native said that she was a huge fan of the show when it first aired and immediately contacted series creator Alan Ball, hoping for a role.
"I thought it was a long shot, but then later on I got a call saying they needed a queen," Wood said. "I said yes, even before I read the script."
True Blood chronicles the lives of vampires and humans, centering on a woman who falls in love with a vampire.
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Uganda Op-ed: Uganda's Top Tabloid Isn't News, It's a Hit List 28 min 13 sec ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Miami's Winter Party Combines Skin, Philanthropy 59 min 44 sec ago
- Television Fox's Brooklyn Nine-Nine Quietly Breaks Ground 1 hour 5 min ago
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Ushering in a New Year Money Minute 2 hours 6 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Opera Director Gerard Mortier Dies at 70 2 hours 20 min ago
- Television MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters 2 hours 41 min ago
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 6:01 AM