BY Chris Jai Centeno
August 27 2009 12:20 AM ET
Actress and singer Evan Rachel Wood will make her debut in HBO series True Blood this Sunday as the sexually voracious vampire Queen Sophie-Anne, E! Online reports.
"She's not necessarily a lesbian," Wood said. "Her human partner is a girl, but I'm pretty sure she goes both ways. I think vampires are like that in general."
The 21-year-old Raleigh, N.C.,native said that she was a huge fan of the show when it first aired and immediately contacted series creator Alan Ball, hoping for a role.
"I thought it was a long shot, but then later on I got a call saying they needed a queen," Wood said. "I said yes, even before I read the script."
True Blood chronicles the lives of vampires and humans, centering on a woman who falls in love with a vampire.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- Hot Sheet: Openly Serving, Openly Loving