BY Chris Jai Centeno
August 27 2009 12:20 AM ET
Actress and singer Evan Rachel Wood will make her debut in HBO series True Blood this Sunday as the sexually voracious vampire Queen Sophie-Anne, E! Online reports.
"She's not necessarily a lesbian," Wood said. "Her human partner is a girl, but I'm pretty sure she goes both ways. I think vampires are like that in general."
The 21-year-old Raleigh, N.C.,native said that she was a huge fan of the show when it first aired and immediately contacted series creator Alan Ball, hoping for a role.
"I thought it was a long shot, but then later on I got a call saying they needed a queen," Wood said. "I said yes, even before I read the script."
True Blood chronicles the lives of vampires and humans, centering on a woman who falls in love with a vampire.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- REPORT: Bisexuals Face Biphobia at Doctor's Office, LGBT Groups
- 15 Queer Documentaries That Helped Define Us
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Out NYC Owner Hires Omar Sharif Jr. as Community Liaison