BY Advocate.com Editors
August 31 2009 2:00 PM ET
As anticipation builds for the September 9 premiere of out creator Ryan Murphy's spirited new musical comedy series Glee, an official soundtrack recording has been announced.
Columbia Records will team with Twentieth Television to release Glee: the Music, Volume 1 on November 3. The release comes on the heels of the cast's cover of Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'," which hit number 1 on the iTunes chart after its use in the show's pilot, which was previewed on May 19 after an episode of American Idol.
The soundtrack will feature 17 tracks recorded by the cast, including Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline," Queen’s "Somebody to Love," and Kanye West’s "Gold Digger."
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Colo. Baker Who Refused Gay Wedding Cake Appears In Court
- WATCH: Rep. Polis's Epic Blowup on House Floor Over Immigration
- New York Officials Demand Olympic Sponsors Take Action
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM
- Travel Why Travelers Love Palm Springs Airport December 05 2013 7:33 PM
- Travel Turkish Bazaar Opening on Vegas Strip December 05 2013 7:12 PM
- Women WATCH: Nurse: 3D is the Epic Lesbian Exploitation Hospital Thriller of the Year! December 05 2013 6:54 PM
- No More Bullying WATCH: It Gets Better Speaks to Russian LGBT Youth December 05 2013 6:33 PM
- World News LGBT Rights Are 'Essential Part' of U.S. Foreign Policy, Says Susan Rice December 05 2013 6:15 PM
- Marriage Equality Judge Expected to Rule on Utah Marriage Ban Early Next Year December 05 2013 6:00 PM