BY Advocate.com Editors
August 31 2009 3:00 PM ET
As anticipation builds for the September 9 premiere of out creator Ryan Murphy's spirited new musical comedy series Glee, an official soundtrack recording has been announced.
Columbia Records will team with Twentieth Television to release Glee: the Music, Volume 1 on November 3. The release comes on the heels of the cast's cover of Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'," which hit number 1 on the iTunes chart after its use in the show's pilot, which was previewed on May 19 after an episode of American Idol.
The soundtrack will feature 17 tracks recorded by the cast, including Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline," Queen’s "Somebody to Love," and Kanye West’s "Gold Digger."
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men