BY Advocate.com Editors
September 16 2009 3:50 PM ET
Wanda Sykes said it best -- the biggest threat to marriage is divorce. So one California man has taken it upon himself to introduce an amendment banning the big D.
John Marcotte, the editor of a website called BadMouth.net, is collecting signatures to pass the "California Protection of Marriage Act." He's doing it, he says, to mock the proponents of Proposition 8. He told CNN this act is the "logical extension of Proposition 8."
His website further mocks the "sanctity of marriage" argument antigay operatives have employed to oppose equality with his own campaign slogans, including "Jesus still loves you if you get divorced -- just not as much as before" and "You said 'Til death do us part.' You're not dead yet."
Watch the video here.
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- WATCH: Pastor Gets a Taste of His 'Sodomite Semen' Lattes By Sharing Parody Video
- WATCH: NOM's Finances Are Even Worse Than We Thought
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- Op-ed: Why I Quit My Job at the United Nations