BY Advocate.com Editors
September 16 2009 4:50 PM ET
Wanda Sykes said it best -- the biggest threat to marriage is divorce. So one California man has taken it upon himself to introduce an amendment banning the big D.
John Marcotte, the editor of a website called BadMouth.net, is collecting signatures to pass the "California Protection of Marriage Act." He's doing it, he says, to mock the proponents of Proposition 8. He told CNN this act is the "logical extension of Proposition 8."
His website further mocks the "sanctity of marriage" argument antigay operatives have employed to oppose equality with his own campaign slogans, including "Jesus still loves you if you get divorced -- just not as much as before" and "You said 'Til death do us part.' You're not dead yet."
Watch the video here.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor