BY Advocate.com Editors
September 16 2009 4:50 PM ET
Wanda Sykes said it best -- the biggest threat to marriage is divorce. So one California man has taken it upon himself to introduce an amendment banning the big D.
John Marcotte, the editor of a website called BadMouth.net, is collecting signatures to pass the "California Protection of Marriage Act." He's doing it, he says, to mock the proponents of Proposition 8. He told CNN this act is the "logical extension of Proposition 8."
His website further mocks the "sanctity of marriage" argument antigay operatives have employed to oppose equality with his own campaign slogans, including "Jesus still loves you if you get divorced -- just not as much as before" and "You said 'Til death do us part.' You're not dead yet."
Watch the video here.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- WATCH: StoryCorps Founder Discuss Gay Dad in Inspiring TED Talk
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- 9 Ugly Faces of HIV Stigma