Mary Cheney Pregnant With Second Child
BY Julie Bolcer
October 07 2009 8:20 AM ET
Sources say that Mary Cheney, the lesbian daughter of former vice president Dick Cheney, is pregnant with her second child.
The staunch Republican and her partner, Heather Poe, expect the baby in mid to late November, according to True/Slant, which spoke with a source close to the Cheney family.
“Cheney has worked as a principal at Navigators Global, a bipartisan communications firm, but recently announced that she would be leaving the company for maternity leave and to begin a new consulting firm with her sister, Liz. Close friends were informed that she was expecting a second child about four months ago and she is now visibly showing her pregnancy, the source says,” according to True/Slant.
Cheney, 40, gave birth to her first child, Samuel David Cheney, in May 2007. She and Poe live in Virginia.
- Laverne Cox Distances Herself From Controversial Trans Inmate
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- When Bisexual People Get Left Out of Marriage
- #27BiStories: Appearing Straight, Appearing Gay, and Other Misconceptions Bi People Face
- Slate's Dear Prudence Tells Bisexual Reader to Stay Closeted