BY Advocate.com Editors
October 11 2009 1:50 PM ET
Top: Billie Myers and Martina Navratilova bond backstage
Later, Brit Myers practices the words to "America the Beautiful," a song she just learned this week," one last time before hitting the stage. After her performance -- and quite a salty speech, in which she said, “I have one message for the president -- I'm sorry, but I did not like your speech yesterday," Choi throws his arms around her.
In his speech, Lt. Dan Choi tells the crowd, “Some of us have come very far and sacrificed so much to be here -- but love is worth it.”
More images on next page...
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women WATCH: Sara Gilbert is a Lesbian Stereotype in Flannel and Birkenstocks 1 hour 29 min ago
- Women Lena Dunham Is NOT Amused By Lesbian Porn Parody of Girls 2 hours 11 min ago
- Music Gay Singer-Songwriter Deals with Heartbreak 2 hours 13 min ago
- Politics Obama Nominates Lesbian Attorney for Second EEOC Term 2 hours 13 min ago
- Theater New Play Criticizes Gay Minstrel Roles 2 hours 22 min ago
- Women Shot of the Day: WildFang's Tomboy Line Channels Androgynous Icons 2 hours 32 min ago
- Women WATCH: Real Lesbians Watch and Break Down 'Lesbian' Porn 2 hours 41 min ago