BY Julie Bolcer
October 15 2009 9:15 AM ET
A sex club in the Logan Circle neighborhood of Washington, D.C., closed
last week following what appears to be an accidental death at the
The victim likely fell down the stairs to his death at the anonymous Men’s Parties held at 1618 14th St. NW, according to the Washington City Paper.
“Early in the morning of October 4, a member of a private Logan Circle ‘men’s social club’ fell to his death,” reported the Washington City Paper. “According to a D.C. police report, the 47-year-old man was discovered in the stairwell leading to the basement of 1618 14th St. NW, the victim of ‘blunt impact injury of head.’”
Patrons cited the safety dangers at the club, which in 2005 suffered $5,000 in damages from a fire caused by a candle that ignited a mattress.
“The steps leading down to the basement floor were very, very dark,” a source told the Washington City Paper. “I think your eyes, under normal circumstances, could adjust. However, the place was still very dark and the steps were very steep.”
Less than one week after the death, the club had closed until further notice.
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- Op-ed: This Is What Happens When a Generation Is Raised on LGBT Visibility
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death
- PHOTOS: The Mud, Sweat, and Glory of the Bingham Cup
- WATCH: Travis Wall Brings Same-Sex Couples to So You Think You Can Dance