BY Julie Bolcer
October 15 2009 9:15 AM ET
A sex club in the Logan Circle neighborhood of Washington, D.C., closed
last week following what appears to be an accidental death at the
The victim likely fell down the stairs to his death at the anonymous Men’s Parties held at 1618 14th St. NW, according to the Washington City Paper.
“Early in the morning of October 4, a member of a private Logan Circle ‘men’s social club’ fell to his death,” reported the Washington City Paper. “According to a D.C. police report, the 47-year-old man was discovered in the stairwell leading to the basement of 1618 14th St. NW, the victim of ‘blunt impact injury of head.’”
Patrons cited the safety dangers at the club, which in 2005 suffered $5,000 in damages from a fire caused by a candle that ignited a mattress.
“The steps leading down to the basement floor were very, very dark,” a source told the Washington City Paper. “I think your eyes, under normal circumstances, could adjust. However, the place was still very dark and the steps were very steep.”
Less than one week after the death, the club had closed until further notice.
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death