BY Advocate.com Editors
October 19 2009 5:25 PM ET
Heroes star Zachary Quinto has signed himself up for a big, gay weekend.
Quinto is slated to appear at the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center’s annual gala on Saturday night, followed by an appearance at a Los Angeles staging of The Laramie Project: 10 Years Later on Sunday.
The Star Trek star will join TV actors Pauley Perrette (NCIS) and Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory), and Broadway’s Barrett Foa, among others at the reading of The Laramie Project.
Chelsea Handler will host the center’s gala, which will honor Wanda Sykes and Miss Coco Peru, among others.
Quinto has long been a vocal supporter of gay rights and issues. In September, he appeared alongside Debra Messing and Jason Alexander at a one-night-only benefit stage reading of one-act plays about gay marriage.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- PHOTOS: Pride for Days In San Francisco
- Arkansas County Clerk Resigns Over Marriage Equality
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death
- Will Marriage Equality Cause a Spike in Homeless LGBT Youth?