BY Advocate.com Editors
October 19 2009 5:25 PM ET
Heroes star Zachary Quinto has signed himself up for a big, gay weekend.
Quinto is slated to appear at the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center’s annual gala on Saturday night, followed by an appearance at a Los Angeles staging of The Laramie Project: 10 Years Later on Sunday.
The Star Trek star will join TV actors Pauley Perrette (NCIS) and Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory), and Broadway’s Barrett Foa, among others at the reading of The Laramie Project.
Chelsea Handler will host the center’s gala, which will honor Wanda Sykes and Miss Coco Peru, among others.
Quinto has long been a vocal supporter of gay rights and issues. In September, he appeared alongside Debra Messing and Jason Alexander at a one-night-only benefit stage reading of one-act plays about gay marriage.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- PHOTOS: Love Is Love Continues Capturing Happy Couples