BY Advocate.com Editors
October 19 2009 4:25 PM ET
Heroes star Zachary Quinto has signed himself up for a big, gay weekend.
Quinto is slated to appear at the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center’s annual gala on Saturday night, followed by an appearance at a Los Angeles staging of The Laramie Project: 10 Years Later on Sunday.
The Star Trek star will join TV actors Pauley Perrette (NCIS) and Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory), and Broadway’s Barrett Foa, among others at the reading of The Laramie Project.
Chelsea Handler will host the center’s gala, which will honor Wanda Sykes and Miss Coco Peru, among others.
Quinto has long been a vocal supporter of gay rights and issues. In September, he appeared alongside Debra Messing and Jason Alexander at a one-night-only benefit stage reading of one-act plays about gay marriage.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View