BY Advocate.com Editors
October 19 2009 5:25 PM ET
Heroes star Zachary Quinto has signed himself up for a big, gay weekend.
Quinto is slated to appear at the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center’s annual gala on Saturday night, followed by an appearance at a Los Angeles staging of The Laramie Project: 10 Years Later on Sunday.
The Star Trek star will join TV actors Pauley Perrette (NCIS) and Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory), and Broadway’s Barrett Foa, among others at the reading of The Laramie Project.
Chelsea Handler will host the center’s gala, which will honor Wanda Sykes and Miss Coco Peru, among others.
Quinto has long been a vocal supporter of gay rights and issues. In September, he appeared alongside Debra Messing and Jason Alexander at a one-night-only benefit stage reading of one-act plays about gay marriage.
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books March 09 2014 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah March 09 2014 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions March 09 2014 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open March 09 2014 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play March 09 2014 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' March 09 2014 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM