BY Julie Bolcer
October 22 2009 7:40 AM ET
MSNBC anchor Rachel Maddow has distinguished herself from other women in the cable news business, saying that her masculine looks and nondescript style of dress are a departure from the industry’s “beauty pageant.”
"The women in American cable news look like a beauty pageant," said Maddow at the New Yorker Festival on Sunday, according to Gatecrasher. "I'm not very pretty. I sorta look like a dude, and I have short hair, and I wear boring gray jackets, and I have a big nose. No one's gonna confuse me with a Fox News anchor. No one's gonna call me the anything-Honey."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment