BY Julie Bolcer
October 22 2009 8:40 AM ET
MSNBC anchor Rachel Maddow has distinguished herself from other women in the cable news business, saying that her masculine looks and nondescript style of dress are a departure from the industry’s “beauty pageant.”
"The women in American cable news look like a beauty pageant," said Maddow at the New Yorker Festival on Sunday, according to Gatecrasher. "I'm not very pretty. I sorta look like a dude, and I have short hair, and I wear boring gray jackets, and I have a big nose. No one's gonna confuse me with a Fox News anchor. No one's gonna call me the anything-Honey."
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers