BY Advocate.com Editors
November 12 2009 3:50 PM ET
Intersex and transsexual people in India have been granted in independent identity in voter lists by election authorities.
CNN reports that before the decision, members of these groups -- called eunuchs in Indian English -- were referred to as male or female in voter rolls.
Now, “O,” for other, will also appear on voter forms.
Read the full story here.
- WATCH: Gay Couple Assaulted at Dallas BBQ in Chelsea
- WATCH: Janet Mock Gives Oprah 'Ah-Ha' Moments About Gender
- 14 Men Who Were Once With Women
- Drag Race's Trixie Mattel: 'I Actually Thought I Would Win'
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Mic-Drop on Antigay GOP's 'Slim Chances' at White House