BY Neal Broverman
November 18 2009 6:25 PM ET
It's confirmed: A new iteration of the recently shuttered gay newspaper Washington Blade will launch on Friday under the name The D.C. Agenda.
Former Blade and current D.C. Agenda editor Kevin Naff says, "We're launching a modest print publication on Friday, and the plan is to be on a full-scale printing press in two weeks for the December 4 issue." Like its former incarnation, The D.C. Agenda will be a weekly breakdown of Beltway and national news. Currently, a place-holding website called SavetheBlade.com allows readers to donate money and keep apprised of news of the publication. A full-scale D.C. Agenda website will debut in a few weeks, according to Naff.
"Right now the full staff is on board," he says. "Obviously, that could change, but the staff is united. We're actually bringing on new people that can help [with the new venture], so we have a robust team working." Naff declined to state where funding for The D.C. Agenda is coming from.
The Washington Blade's parent company, Window Media, declared bankruptcy on Monday and shut down its publications, including the Blade and the Southern Voice.
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics
- WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- Colo. School Board Member Denies Existence of Gay, Trans Identities
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' December 08 2013 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member December 08 2013 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights December 08 2013 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM