BY Julie Bolcer
November 18 2009 12:45 PM ET
Stephen Colbert visited the U.S. Capitol to interview Congresswoman Jackie Speier for his "Better Know a District" segment. The congresswoman, who represents the 12th district, which includes much of San Francisco, answered questions about whether President Obama is being a "gay rights tease" and if being gay is curable through genetic engineering.
"Being gay is not a disease," responded Speier sternly. "It’s a sexual orientation. So there is nothing to fix."
Watch the video below.
|The Colbert Report||Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
|Better Know a District - California's 12th - Jackie Speier|
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- Op-ed: The Dire State of Louisiana LGBTs
- See Me: Derrick Cobb
- PHOTOS: Homeless LGBT Youth Become Visible
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Miss Fame: I've Yet to Leave My 'Beauty Mark'