BY Julie Bolcer
November 18 2009 12:45 PM ET
Stephen Colbert visited the U.S. Capitol to interview Congresswoman Jackie Speier for his "Better Know a District" segment. The congresswoman, who represents the 12th district, which includes much of San Francisco, answered questions about whether President Obama is being a "gay rights tease" and if being gay is curable through genetic engineering.
"Being gay is not a disease," responded Speier sternly. "It’s a sexual orientation. So there is nothing to fix."
Watch the video below.
|The Colbert Report||Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
|Better Know a District - California's 12th - Jackie Speier|
- Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- Hot Sheet: A New Quiver
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Judge: Tenn. Must Recognize Three Same-Sex Marriages
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Blasts Critics of Obama's Funny or Die Interview
- Boston: Major Beer Sponsor Pulls Out of St. Pat's Parade
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: A New Quiver March 14 2014 7:30 PM
- Travel State Department: Russia is Dangerous for All Americans March 14 2014 6:55 PM
- Women The 31 Most Eligible Out Women of 2014 March 14 2014 6:41 PM
- Marriage Equality Judge: Tenn. Must Recognize Three Same-Sex Marriages March 14 2014 6:39 PM
- Film Is Terence Davies' The Long Day Closes the Greatest Gay Film Ever Made? March 14 2014 5:30 PM
- Media Vox Editor in Chief Defends Hiring of 'Homophobic' Gay Writer March 14 2014 4:37 PM
- Health HHS Orders Insurers to Cover All Married Same-Sex Couples March 14 2014 4:14 PM