BY Julie Bolcer
November 18 2009 12:45 PM ET
Stephen Colbert visited the U.S. Capitol to interview Congresswoman Jackie Speier for his "Better Know a District" segment. The congresswoman, who represents the 12th district, which includes much of San Francisco, answered questions about whether President Obama is being a "gay rights tease" and if being gay is curable through genetic engineering.
"Being gay is not a disease," responded Speier sternly. "It’s a sexual orientation. So there is nothing to fix."
Watch the video below.
|The Colbert Report||Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
|Better Know a District - California's 12th - Jackie Speier|
- He Went There: Antigay Judge Roy Moore Compares Marriage Equality to Holocaust
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers