BY Julie Bolcer
November 18 2009 12:45 PM ET
Stephen Colbert visited the U.S. Capitol to interview Congresswoman Jackie Speier for his "Better Know a District" segment. The congresswoman, who represents the 12th district, which includes much of San Francisco, answered questions about whether President Obama is being a "gay rights tease" and if being gay is curable through genetic engineering.
"Being gay is not a disease," responded Speier sternly. "It’s a sexual orientation. So there is nothing to fix."
Watch the video below.
|The Colbert Report||Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
|Better Know a District - California's 12th - Jackie Speier|
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- WATCH: Daily Show Correspondent Takes on Antigay Ark. Pastor