BY Julie Bolcer
November 18 2009 12:45 PM ET
Stephen Colbert visited the U.S. Capitol to interview Congresswoman Jackie Speier for his "Better Know a District" segment. The congresswoman, who represents the 12th district, which includes much of San Francisco, answered questions about whether President Obama is being a "gay rights tease" and if being gay is curable through genetic engineering.
"Being gay is not a disease," responded Speier sternly. "It’s a sexual orientation. So there is nothing to fix."
Watch the video below.
|The Colbert Report||Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
|Better Know a District - California's 12th - Jackie Speier|
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial
- Report: Couple Refuses Deal in Torture Case
- 20 Touching, Funny, and Silly Twitter Reactions to Tim Cook's Coming-Out
- WATCH: Meet the Gay Couple Who Challenged Singapore's Sodomy Ban
- WATCH: Antigay Pastor Says 'Upscale Sodomites' Spread Ebola at Starbucks