BY Julie Bolcer
November 18 2009 12:45 PM ET
Stephen Colbert visited the U.S. Capitol to interview Congresswoman Jackie Speier for his "Better Know a District" segment. The congresswoman, who represents the 12th district, which includes much of San Francisco, answered questions about whether President Obama is being a "gay rights tease" and if being gay is curable through genetic engineering.
"Being gay is not a disease," responded Speier sternly. "It’s a sexual orientation. So there is nothing to fix."
Watch the video below.
|The Colbert Report||Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
|Better Know a District - California's 12th - Jackie Speier|
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go To Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- Same-Sex Kiss in Comic Inspired by Real-World Controversy
- The South's Longer Wait for Equality
- Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Texas Judge Says Lesbian Mom Can't Live With Partner and Keep Custody of Kids 4 min 5 sec ago
- Women Bullies in California Chop Off Teen Lesbian's Hair in Possible Hate Crime 5 min 10 sec ago
- Art Dept More Photos From Jesse Tyler Ferguson's Advocate Cover Shoot 14 min 28 sec ago
- Women AMC's Cult Fave The Killing Adds Scrappy Lesbian Character to its Roster 20 min 54 sec ago
- Music WATCH: Gay Rapper Le1f Has a Steamy 'Spa Day' 32 min 21 sec ago
- Comics and Graphic Novels Same-Sex Kiss in Comic Inspired by Real-World Controversy 37 min 10 sec ago
- Comedy WATCH: Ben Affleck's Ex-Gay Camp Counselor Says 'Hetero Is Better, Yo!' 1 hour 1 min ago