BY Advocate.com Editors
November 20 2009 1:30 AM ET
One of the most anticipated films of next year, The Runaways, stars Kristen Stewart as Joan Jett and Dakota Fanning as bandmate Cherie Currie.
But with Fanning being all of 15 years old, many wondered if the plot of The Runaways would touch on the intimate relationship Jett and Currie shared in real life. Straight from Fanning’s lips, it does.
“Yes, it happens in The Runaways,” Fanning told Access Hollywoodwhile promoting her work in the Twilight sequel, New Moon. She said the two share a passionate kiss.
“Yeah. We’re playing Joan Jett and Cherie Currie, and they’re best friends in the film and became really close in real life. And that’s something that went down back in the ’70s.”
The film doesn’t yet have a release date, but it’s the latest in a string of complex roles for the child star as she transitions into adult fare. Recently she starred in The Secret Life of Bees and the action thriller Push.
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- Colo. School Board Member Denies Existence of Gay, Trans Identities
- German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics 1 hour 11 min ago
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License 1 hour 55 min ago
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 2 hours 11 min ago
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM