BY Neal Broverman
December 02 2009 4:50 PM ET
Mitrice Richardson, a brilliant and beautiful 24-year-old lesbian from Los Angeles, has been missing for two and a half months. Now, her family is seeking a federal investigation into her disappearance, reports the Los Angeles Times.
Richardson — employed, college-educated, and partnered — began acting strange at a Malibu restaurant on September 16. Police were alerted to the scene after Richardson was not able to pay her bill; the cops later found a small amount of marijuana in her car and she was arrested. The young woman was released from the station without her car, purse, or cell phone at 1:25 a.m., when no public transit was available for Richardson to get home. She's been missing ever since.
Many in Los Angeles's gay community have pointed the finger at the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department for releasing Richardson without a psychological examination.
Click here for more information on Richardson's disappearance.
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Op-ed: Pope Francis: One Year In, Door Slightly Ajar for LGBT People
- South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 1 hour 6 min ago
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 2 hours 7 min ago
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist March 10 2014 7:44 PM