BY Neal Broverman
December 02 2009 4:50 PM ET
Mitrice Richardson, a brilliant and beautiful 24-year-old lesbian from Los Angeles, has been missing for two and a half months. Now, her family is seeking a federal investigation into her disappearance, reports the Los Angeles Times.
Richardson — employed, college-educated, and partnered — began acting strange at a Malibu restaurant on September 16. Police were alerted to the scene after Richardson was not able to pay her bill; the cops later found a small amount of marijuana in her car and she was arrested. The young woman was released from the station without her car, purse, or cell phone at 1:25 a.m., when no public transit was available for Richardson to get home. She's been missing ever since.
Many in Los Angeles's gay community have pointed the finger at the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department for releasing Richardson without a psychological examination.
Click here for more information on Richardson's disappearance.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'