BY Neal Broverman
December 07 2009 4:20 PM ET
Sarah Palin brought her Going Rogue book tour to Norman, Okla.,
Thursday but was greeted by several protesters who blasted her gay
At least a dozen people held signs with messages like "Gay Pride: Go Home Palin," "Palin Hates Equality," and "Ignorance is Bliss." The ex-governor and former vice-presidential candidate didn't speak at the Hastings bookstore, possibly because of the protesters, reports NewsOK.com. Palin didn't lack admirers; over 1,000 people showed up to have their copies of Palin's memoir, Going Rogue, signed by the Alaskan (while some fans screamed, "You're so hot").
Read the full story here.
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Folk Singer Janis Ian: Bill Cosby Blackballed Me From TV as a Teen
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Katelynn on Caitlyn: I Am Cait Through the Eyes of TV's First Trans Reality Star
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers