BY Advocate.com Editors
December 10 2009 1:20 PM ET
In response to Levi Johnston telling Joy Behar on her HLN show Monday that he’s never seen any gays in Wasilla, the gays of “the Last Frontier” have written him an open letter — and invited him out for a night of drag queening.
Reads the letter: “We're here, we're queer, and we live on the Last Frontier, even in Wasilla. Perhaps you don't think you've seen us because you don't know what we look like: We look like Alaskans. Really.
“Did you expect us to shop at the Wasilla Fred Meyer looking like Adam Lambert at the AMA's? Did you expect us to kiss in line at Home Depot? We have strong survival instincts and know better than to look, act, or talk queeny in a town like this. You might not know we're gay, but I'm sure you've seen us.”
The letter goes on to say gays in Wasilla keep a low profile because of people like Sarah Palin, then invites him out for a night on the town at a club called Mad Myrna’s in Anchorage.
Read the letter here, and watch Levi’s appearance on The Joy Behar Show.
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- Newlywed Photos That Will Make Kim Davis's Head Spin
- Donald Trump Takes a Day to Get Up to Speed on Kim Davis
- Kim Davis to Appeal Contempt Ruling
- WATCH: Deaf Meets LGBT in New Romantic Series
- Op-ed: It Doesn't Matter How Many Times Kim Davis Was Wed