BY Advocate.com Editors
December 10 2009 1:20 PM ET
In response to Levi Johnston telling Joy Behar on her HLN show Monday that he’s never seen any gays in Wasilla, the gays of “the Last Frontier” have written him an open letter — and invited him out for a night of drag queening.
Reads the letter: “We're here, we're queer, and we live on the Last Frontier, even in Wasilla. Perhaps you don't think you've seen us because you don't know what we look like: We look like Alaskans. Really.
“Did you expect us to shop at the Wasilla Fred Meyer looking like Adam Lambert at the AMA's? Did you expect us to kiss in line at Home Depot? We have strong survival instincts and know better than to look, act, or talk queeny in a town like this. You might not know we're gay, but I'm sure you've seen us.”
The letter goes on to say gays in Wasilla keep a low profile because of people like Sarah Palin, then invites him out for a night on the town at a club called Mad Myrna’s in Anchorage.
Read the letter here, and watch Levi’s appearance on The Joy Behar Show.
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel