BY Advocate.com Editors
December 13 2009 1:35 AM ET
Controversial reggae star Buju Banton, who antigay lyrics have drawn criticism worldwide, has been imprisoned in Miami on federal drug charges, The Miami Herald reported Saturday night.
Banton, whose real name is Mark Anthony Myrie, has been charged with conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute more than five kilos of cocaine. The Herald reported that he has been in custody since Thursday and will soon be transferred to Tampa.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People 6:00 AM
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Scout Comes Out to Camp Leader 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 4:34 AM
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 4:00 AM
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? May 22 2013 8:15 PM