BY Julie Bolcer
December 17 2009 10:35 AM ET
Gay activists in Chicago celebrated their victory Thursday in removing the band Evil Incarnate from a multigroup show scheduled at the White Star Night Club this Saturday. The band’s songs include the antigay and racist track “Killer of Faggots.”
In a statement, the Gay Liberation Network hailed concert promoter Renato Brierio for agreeing to remove the neo-Nazi band from the bill.
GLN said that Evil Incarnate tried to assuage concerns by saying that the “Killer of Faggots” song was 20 years old. However, the song was recently released as part of a compilation CD called Smash the Rainbows, which led Brierio to conclude that Evil Incarnate intended to mislead him.
“They say one thing and then they do another,” said Brierio in the statement released by the Gay Liberation Network.
- Religion Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death? 1:41 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Madonna... in Game of Thrones? 1:12 PM
- Travel WATCH: Planes Battle Birmingham, England's Tail Winds March 15 2014 9:11 PM
- Religion Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia March 15 2014 7:41 PM
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman March 15 2014 2:59 PM
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men March 15 2014 2:52 PM
- Transgender Trans Contestant is Miss Congeniality at Calif. Beauty Pageant March 15 2014 11:57 AM