BY Julie Bolcer
December 17 2009 10:35 AM ET
Gay activists in Chicago celebrated their victory Thursday in removing the band Evil Incarnate from a multigroup show scheduled at the White Star Night Club this Saturday. The band’s songs include the antigay and racist track “Killer of Faggots.”
In a statement, the Gay Liberation Network hailed concert promoter Renato Brierio for agreeing to remove the neo-Nazi band from the bill.
GLN said that Evil Incarnate tried to assuage concerns by saying that the “Killer of Faggots” song was 20 years old. However, the song was recently released as part of a compilation CD called Smash the Rainbows, which led Brierio to conclude that Evil Incarnate intended to mislead him.
“They say one thing and then they do another,” said Brierio in the statement released by the Gay Liberation Network.
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- Jenny Boylan Tells Caitlyn Jenner: 'Don't Be a Stupid' Woman
- Ellen DeGeneres and Gap Launch New Clothing Line for Girls That Challenges Stereotypes
- WATCH: Antigay Ky. Clerk Inadvertently Married This Queer Couple
- The Log Cabin Republicans' Uncertain Future