BY Julie Bolcer
December 17 2009 9:35 AM ET
Gay activists in Chicago celebrated their victory Thursday in removing the band Evil Incarnate from a multigroup show scheduled at the White Star Night Club this Saturday. The band’s songs include the antigay and racist track “Killer of Faggots.”
In a statement, the Gay Liberation Network hailed concert promoter Renato Brierio for agreeing to remove the neo-Nazi band from the bill.
GLN said that Evil Incarnate tried to assuage concerns by saying that the “Killer of Faggots” song was 20 years old. However, the song was recently released as part of a compilation CD called Smash the Rainbows, which led Brierio to conclude that Evil Incarnate intended to mislead him.
“They say one thing and then they do another,” said Brierio in the statement released by the Gay Liberation Network.
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey 4:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Love Starts With Acceptance 4:00 AM
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM
- Travel Why Travelers Love Palm Springs Airport December 05 2013 7:33 PM
- Travel Turkish Bazaar Opening on Vegas Strip December 05 2013 7:12 PM
- Women WATCH: Nurse: 3D is the Epic Lesbian Exploitation Hospital Thriller of the Year! December 05 2013 6:54 PM