BY Advocate.com Editors
January 05 2010 1:35 PM ET
Johnson & Johnson heiress Casey Johnson had been dead for several days when her body was discovered Monday morning.
Johnson, who was reportedly engaged to reality TV star Tila Tequila and was arrested in November for allegedly robbing her former girlfriend, had a history of drug use and erratic behavior.
Tequila told authorities she and Johnson had a fight on Monday, December 28, and when she tried contacting the heiress the following morning, her phone had been shut off.
Johnson and Tequila announced their engagement in a rambling video interview that made the rounds online.
“We're what you call U-Haul lesbians, where you meet and fall in love and move in the next day and have kids," Tequila shared on the video.
Days later, Johnson’s ex, Courtenay Semel — the daughter of former Yahoo! CEO Terry Semel — told E! Online’s Mark Malkin the engagement was a sham and just a ploy for attention.
The Los Angeles Police Department has opened an investigation into Johnson’s death. The heiress, who was known for tweeting multiple times per day, last posted to her Twitter account on December 29.
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Teen From Disturbing Video Explains How It Started
- MICHAEL SAM CUT FROM RAMS ROSTER
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- Hot Sheet: Young, Cute, Dead
- Op-ed: This Is What Happens When a Generation Is Raised on LGBT Visibility