BY Advocate.com Editors
January 18 2010 8:15 PM ET
Beau Breedlove, the former teen lover of Portland, Ore., mayor Sam Adams, plans to write a memoir and has signed with a literary agent, The Oregonian reports.
Breedlove’s agent, Jon Malysiak of the Chicago-based Jonathan Scott Agency, said Breedlove hopes to have his book proposal completed in the next month. Breedlove plans to write the book himself, Malysiak added.
“The book is a reflection on the events of my life before, during, and after the ‘scandal’ surrounding my relationship with Sam Adams,” Breedlove wrote in an e-mail to the Oregonian.
“In addition, the book will cover a broader look at people who have been in similar situations to mine, and how stereotypes both play into the media attention as well as are used as tools against victims. This book is a memoir, and and insight into the change that the GLBTQ community needs to see in the way we are portrayed and represented”
Breedlove is currently living in and blogging from,Provincetown, Mass., the paper reports.
This wouldn't be the first time capitalized on the scandal. Last year he posed for Unzipped magazine. Watch a video that followed Unzipped's photo shoot below.
Read the full Oregonian story here.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Texas Rep.: Strand Gays on an Island, See What Happens
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication