BY Julie Bolcer
January 19 2010 1:00 PM ET
Where did you find the actors and the production staff members?
We went to the Screen Actors Guild and signed made-for-the-Web SAG
signatory contracts. Both John and I have a fairly good stable of
friends. It’s been a combination of absolute strangers and our friends.
This is almost a guerrilla filmmaker approach but with the right
ingredient because we get to use professional actors with a contract
that lets them choose to work for free.
How are you supporting this project?
This has started as a labor of love. Depending on where it goes, it may
turn into a labor of compensation. Nobody’s being paid. It’s entirely
volunteers. In the short time we’ve been asking for donations on our
page we’ve received gifts to pay for water and parking on the first
What has been the response to the project so far?
Everybody that I spoke with, from the initial posting that I put on
Craigslist just to get the word out, was immediate and it was
Ainsworth: Usually it was a laugh followed by “I
can’t believe that you’re doing that, that’s brilliant.” It seemed that
everybody wanted to be involved. One of my friends, playing one of the
plaintiffs, he left the business jacket part of his costume at home,
and his straight roommate jumped in the car and drove it to him.
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Uganda Op-ed: Uganda's Top Tabloid Isn't News, It's a Hit List 26 min 44 sec ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Miami's Winter Party Combines Skin, Philanthropy 58 min 15 sec ago
- Television Fox's Brooklyn Nine-Nine Quietly Breaks Ground 1 hour 3 min ago
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Ushering in a New Year Money Minute 2 hours 4 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Opera Director Gerard Mortier Dies at 70 2 hours 19 min ago
- Television MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters 2 hours 39 min ago
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 6:01 AM