BY Julie Bolcer
January 19 2010 1:00 PM ET
Where did you find the actors and the production staff members?
We went to the Screen Actors Guild and signed made-for-the-Web SAG
signatory contracts. Both John and I have a fairly good stable of
friends. It’s been a combination of absolute strangers and our friends.
This is almost a guerrilla filmmaker approach but with the right
ingredient because we get to use professional actors with a contract
that lets them choose to work for free.
How are you supporting this project?
This has started as a labor of love. Depending on where it goes, it may
turn into a labor of compensation. Nobody’s being paid. It’s entirely
volunteers. In the short time we’ve been asking for donations on our
page we’ve received gifts to pay for water and parking on the first
What has been the response to the project so far?
Everybody that I spoke with, from the initial posting that I put on
Craigslist just to get the word out, was immediate and it was
Ainsworth: Usually it was a laugh followed by “I
can’t believe that you’re doing that, that’s brilliant.” It seemed that
everybody wanted to be involved. One of my friends, playing one of the
plaintiffs, he left the business jacket part of his costume at home,
and his straight roommate jumped in the car and drove it to him.
- Op-ed: How Animated Shows Like Futurama Can Unite Us All
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
- Republican Wants Right to Fire LGBT Employees Who 'Work in a Tutu'
- PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski Endorses Marriage Equality
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Martina Navratilova, Billie Jean King Among First Inductees to Gay and Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame 19 min 45 sec ago
- Entertainment News Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced To Jail 51 min 5 sec ago
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem 4:04 PM
- Entertainment News Should Brazil Legalize 'Conversion' Therapy? 3:42 PM
- World News Liberal Australian MP Crosses Aisle In Support of LGBT Nondiscrimination 3:30 PM
- Women WATCH: Hot Lesbians Don Cowboy Hats, Chaps and Spurs for Cowgirl Up 3:18 PM
- Pride PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine 3:02 PM