BY Advocate.com Editors
January 23 2010 2:30 AM ET
A police raid on a gay bar in Manila led to the arrest of more than 20 people, including 14 male strippers who were taken into custody for allegedly performing sex acts onstage and for working without permits.
Police said the arrests were prompted by information they received from the producers of an investigative news program. Police Chief Inspector Marcelo Reyes said the video was secretly recorded at the club and showed male dancers performing nude. In one video male dancers were performing sex acts on each other in front of a crowd.
Police also arrested “five comedy impersonators and performers, a cashier, and two waiters.” During the read, police said none of the workers were able to provide proper permits and that the club was operating without a license.
Read the full story here.
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida