BY Julie Bolcer
February 08 2010 10:35 AM ET
Kristin Davis, who allegedly arranged the trysts that ousted New York governor Eliot Spitzer from office, plans to run for the executive mansion as a Libertarian candidate.
According to the New York Daily News, Davis has received assistance in the effort from Republican operative Roger Stone. The campaign initially was intended as payback to Spitzer, who escaped jail time while the madam served four months on Rikers Island.
Davis spoke about her credentials at the Libertarian Party convention in New York City last weekend.
“I’m a natural Libertarian,” said Davis, according to the Daily News. She supports marriage equality, the National Rifle Association, and the legalization of prostitution and marijuana.
Davis said she was valedictorian of her high school class and vice president of a hedge fund before she built her multimillion-dollar prostitution business.
Skeptics say the Davis third-party candidacy could be a Republican ploy to take votes from the Democratic nominee this fall.
- Op-ed: Gay Nightlife Is Dead — Long Live Gay Nightlife
- Op-ed: Rethinking the Shame Game Against Homophobes
- RuPaul's Drag Race, Logo TV Apologize for Transphobic Slur
- WATCH: Sprint Sends Customer Email to 'Gay Sissyboy'
- WATCH: Ala. Woman Charged With Murder of Son's Boyfriend
- Our Favorite Colbert Moments