BY Julie Bolcer
February 08 2010 10:35 AM ET
Kristin Davis, who allegedly arranged the trysts that ousted New York governor Eliot Spitzer from office, plans to run for the executive mansion as a Libertarian candidate.
According to the New York Daily News, Davis has received assistance in the effort from Republican operative Roger Stone. The campaign initially was intended as payback to Spitzer, who escaped jail time while the madam served four months on Rikers Island.
Davis spoke about her credentials at the Libertarian Party convention in New York City last weekend.
“I’m a natural Libertarian,” said Davis, according to the Daily News. She supports marriage equality, the National Rifle Association, and the legalization of prostitution and marijuana.
Davis said she was valedictorian of her high school class and vice president of a hedge fund before she built her multimillion-dollar prostitution business.
Skeptics say the Davis third-party candidacy could be a Republican ploy to take votes from the Democratic nominee this fall.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies 51 min 57 sec ago
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship 1 hour 18 min ago
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM