BY Julie Bolcer
February 08 2010 9:35 AM ET
Kristin Davis, who allegedly arranged the trysts that ousted New York governor Eliot Spitzer from office, plans to run for the executive mansion as a Libertarian candidate.
According to the New York Daily News, Davis has received assistance in the effort from Republican operative Roger Stone. The campaign initially was intended as payback to Spitzer, who escaped jail time while the madam served four months on Rikers Island.
Davis spoke about her credentials at the Libertarian Party convention in New York City last weekend.
“I’m a natural Libertarian,” said Davis, according to the Daily News. She supports marriage equality, the National Rifle Association, and the legalization of prostitution and marijuana.
Davis said she was valedictorian of her high school class and vice president of a hedge fund before she built her multimillion-dollar prostitution business.
Skeptics say the Davis third-party candidacy could be a Republican ploy to take votes from the Democratic nominee this fall.
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM