BY Advocate.com Editors
March 06 2010 5:25 PM ET
Barbara Walters has one regret — asking singer Ricky Martin if he’s gay, she reveals in an interview with Toronto paper The Star. On Sunday the iconic interviewer will end 29 years of her famed Oscar-night specials, in which she sits down for incisive chats with popular celebrities, with interviews of nominees Sandra Bullock and Mo’Nique. With numerous interviews during her lengthy career, Walters has misgivings about only one question she asked.
"In 2000, I pushed Ricky Martin very hard to admit if he was gay or not, and the way he refused to do it made everyone decide that he was,” Walters tells The Star. “A lot of people say that destroyed his career, and when I think back on it now I feel it was an inappropriate question."
Martin, a single father of twin boys, has never commented publicly on his sexuality.
- Politics Gay Former Republican Congressman Condemns Interparty Discrimination 1 hour 30 min ago
- World News Putin Tightens Grip on Kremlin-Run News Agencies 1 hour 35 min ago
- Film Redbox Picks Up Bridegroom Despite Rule Against Documentaries 1 hour 44 min ago
- Travel Super Seniors of the Palm Springs Follies Prepare for the End 1 hour 48 min ago
- Film Bryan Singer Announces News for Next X-Men Film 1 hour 49 min ago
- Acceptance Matters WATCH: We Wish Every Coming Out Got a Hug-a-Thon 1 hour 58 min ago
- Marriage Equality Antigay Think Tank Could Use a Copy Editor 2 hours 2 min ago