BY Ryan Holman
March 10 2010 2:50 PM ET
U.S. representative Pete Stark of California's
13th congressional district will hold a panel discussion focused on the reintroduction of the Every Child Deserves a Family Act this Thursday. The legislation would open more homes to foster children by working to end discrimination against prospective foster and adoptive parents based on their marital status or sexual orientation.
Those sitting on the panel will range from foster children to adoptive parents who are said to have experienced discrimination. LGBT and foster care experts are also scheduled to attend, as well as an American Civil Liberties Union attorney.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW 7:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out 5:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM