BY Ryan Holman
March 10 2010 3:50 PM ET
U.S. representative Pete Stark of California's
13th congressional district will hold a panel discussion focused on the reintroduction of the Every Child Deserves a Family Act this Thursday. The legislation would open more homes to foster children by working to end discrimination against prospective foster and adoptive parents based on their marital status or sexual orientation.
Those sitting on the panel will range from foster children to adoptive parents who are said to have experienced discrimination. LGBT and foster care experts are also scheduled to attend, as well as an American Civil Liberties Union attorney.
- Where in the World Are The Happiest Gay Men?
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Clemson University Fans Tell Football Coach to Punt Antigay Fundraiser
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend