BY Ryan Holman
March 10 2010 3:50 PM ET
U.S. representative Pete Stark of California's
13th congressional district will hold a panel discussion focused on the reintroduction of the Every Child Deserves a Family Act this Thursday. The legislation would open more homes to foster children by working to end discrimination against prospective foster and adoptive parents based on their marital status or sexual orientation.
Those sitting on the panel will range from foster children to adoptive parents who are said to have experienced discrimination. LGBT and foster care experts are also scheduled to attend, as well as an American Civil Liberties Union attorney.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland 1 hour 8 min ago
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' 1 hour 26 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator 1 hour 33 min ago
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins 1 hour 48 min ago
- Entertainment News Need to Know: Alabama’s All-Male Cheerleading Squad 1 hour 59 min ago
- Sports National Gay & Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame’s First Class Announced 2 hours 27 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Did Chris Colfer Get Arrested? 2 hours 33 min ago