BY Julie Bolcer
April 05 2010 9:10 AM ET
The first-ever PSAs from the U.S. Census Bureau to be tailored for the LGBT community will be unveiled Monday afternoon in New York City at a news conference featuring out Star Trek star George Takei. The event will be Webcast live at 2 P.M.
PSAs to be unveiled at the New York City Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center include six different videos featuring a spectrum of community leaders. One PSA is in Spanish, and all encourage LGBT people to mail back their census forms.
Special guests at the unveiling will Takei and his husband Brad Altman, who recently made their own census PSA, “Be Counted.” New York City Council Speaker Christine Quinn, U.S. Census Bureau official Timothy P. Olson and LGBT Center executive director Glennda Testone also are scheduled to attend.
Watch the press conference live here at 2 P.M. Viewers may submit questions to speakers in advance by e-mailing [email protected].
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- Op-ed: The Dire State of Louisiana LGBTs
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- PHOTOS: Homeless LGBT Youth Become Visible
- WATCH: The 8 Most Hateful Things Texas Lawmakers Said Monday
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Miss Fame: I've Yet to Leave My 'Beauty Mark'