BY Julie Bolcer
April 05 2010 9:10 AM ET
The first-ever PSAs from the U.S. Census Bureau to be tailored for the LGBT community will be unveiled Monday afternoon in New York City at a news conference featuring out Star Trek star George Takei. The event will be Webcast live at 2 P.M.
PSAs to be unveiled at the New York City Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center include six different videos featuring a spectrum of community leaders. One PSA is in Spanish, and all encourage LGBT people to mail back their census forms.
Special guests at the unveiling will Takei and his husband Brad Altman, who recently made their own census PSA, “Be Counted.” New York City Council Speaker Christine Quinn, U.S. Census Bureau official Timothy P. Olson and LGBT Center executive director Glennda Testone also are scheduled to attend.
Watch the press conference live here at 2 P.M. Viewers may submit questions to speakers in advance by e-mailing [email protected].
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- Italy: Restaurant Fires Server for Printing Antigay Slur on Check
- Laverne Cox Distances Herself From Controversial Trans Inmate
- WATCH: Men Claim Mailman Won't Deliver Because They're Gay
- 13 LGBT Roles That Didn't Kill These A-List Actors' Careers