Lutheran Pastor and Partner Reinstated
BY Julie Bolcer
May 05 2010 9:50 AM ET
St. John’s Lutheran church in Atlanta has reinstated its pastor, Bradley Schmeling, who was removed in 2007 after telling the congregation he was gay. The reinstatement results from a recent move by the Evangelical Church in America to abolish its antigay policies.
According to WXIA-TV in Atlanta, although the ELCA removed Schemling, his supportive congregation at the Midtown Atlanta church voted to keep him as a pastor without portfolio for three years. The ELCA also removed his partner Darin Easler, who is a Lutheran pastor.
Now, thanks to the vote by the ELCA to abolish its antigay policies, both Schmeling and Easler have been reinstated.
Watch the video below.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM