Laura Bush Supports Marriage Equality
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 12 2010 9:55 AM ET
Former first lady Laura Bush told Larry King Tuesday night that marriage equality would be an area where she disagrees with her husband. See the video on the next page.
Bush: “I understand totally what George thinks about marriage being between a man and a woman, and it’s a real, um, really, reversal of that to accept gay marriage….”
King: “But you do?”
Bush: “But I think we could, yeah.”
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Mike Pence 'Abhors' Discrimination? His Record Shows Otherwise