Laura Bush Supports Marriage Equality
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 12 2010 9:55 AM ET
Former first lady Laura Bush told Larry King Tuesday night that marriage equality would be an area where she disagrees with her husband. See the video on the next page.
Bush: “I understand totally what George thinks about marriage being between a man and a woman, and it’s a real, um, really, reversal of that to accept gay marriage….”
King: “But you do?”
Bush: “But I think we could, yeah.”
- Where in the World Are The Happiest Gay Men?
- Interception: Clemson Football Coach Withdraws From Antigay Fundraiser
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland
- Tenn. Pastor Accused of Gay Tryst Now Charged With Lifting From Church