Laura Bush Supports Marriage Equality
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 12 2010 9:55 AM ET
Former first lady Laura Bush told Larry King Tuesday night that marriage equality would be an area where she disagrees with her husband. See the video on the next page.
Bush: “I understand totally what George thinks about marriage being between a man and a woman, and it’s a real, um, really, reversal of that to accept gay marriage….”
King: “But you do?”
Bush: “But I think we could, yeah.”
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Marriage Decision: 'No Need For Us to Rush'
- WATCH: Antigay Billboard Sparks Controversy in Tenn.