Haggard Forms "Inclusive" New Church
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 02 2010 1:40 PM ET
Ted Haggard made his big announcement Wednesday. The pastor is starting a new ministry that will welcome all people — Democrat, Republican, gay, straight — but will not perform same-sex marriages.
Haggard made the announcement during a press conference at his Colorado Springs home. He said he doesn't expect the church, St. James, to become another megachurch, but “helping one is better than helping none.”
According to tweets from the Wonk Room, Haggard said at the press conference, “I don’t judge people anymore. Sexuality is very complex and very confusing.”
For more on the new church, click here.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Hilarious Take on This Week's Supreme Court Arguments
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate