Haggard Forms "Inclusive" New Church
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 02 2010 1:40 PM ET
Ted Haggard made his big announcement Wednesday. The pastor is starting a new ministry that will welcome all people — Democrat, Republican, gay, straight — but will not perform same-sex marriages.
Haggard made the announcement during a press conference at his Colorado Springs home. He said he doesn't expect the church, St. James, to become another megachurch, but “helping one is better than helping none.”
According to tweets from the Wonk Room, Haggard said at the press conference, “I don’t judge people anymore. Sexuality is very complex and very confusing.”
For more on the new church, click here.
- Why Are We Gay?
- BREAKING: Kentucky Clerk Defies Supreme Court, Denies Same-Sex Couples Marriage Licenses
- 14 Ex-Ex Gays Paving the Way Forward
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- WATCH: That Other Defiant Kentucky Clerk Named Davis Invokes 'Higher Power'
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself