Haggard Forms "Inclusive" New Church
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 02 2010 1:40 PM ET
Ted Haggard made his big announcement Wednesday. The pastor is starting a new ministry that will welcome all people — Democrat, Republican, gay, straight — but will not perform same-sex marriages.
Haggard made the announcement during a press conference at his Colorado Springs home. He said he doesn't expect the church, St. James, to become another megachurch, but “helping one is better than helping none.”
According to tweets from the Wonk Room, Haggard said at the press conference, “I don’t judge people anymore. Sexuality is very complex and very confusing.”
For more on the new church, click here.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- He Went There: Antigay Judge Roy Moore Compares Marriage Equality to Holocaust
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: Why, No Matter What, I Still Can't Marry My Girlfriend