Haggard Forms "Inclusive" New Church
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 02 2010 1:40 PM ET
Ted Haggard made his big announcement Wednesday. The pastor is starting a new ministry that will welcome all people — Democrat, Republican, gay, straight — but will not perform same-sex marriages.
Haggard made the announcement during a press conference at his Colorado Springs home. He said he doesn't expect the church, St. James, to become another megachurch, but “helping one is better than helping none.”
According to tweets from the Wonk Room, Haggard said at the press conference, “I don’t judge people anymore. Sexuality is very complex and very confusing.”
For more on the new church, click here.
- Report: Couple Refuses Deal in Torture Case
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial
- Op-ed: It Is Time to End Bottom-Shaming
- Ask a Doctor Why He Supports PrEP
- 20 Touching, Funny, and Silly Twitter Reactions to Tim Cook's Coming-Out