O'Reilly on Gay McDonalds Ad: al-Qaeda Next?
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 03 2010 1:00 PM ET
Fox News host Bill O'Reilly, after watching a gay-friendly advertisement for McDonald's airing in France, asked whether the fast-food chain also had an al-Qaeda ad.
The commercial is part of a wider campaign for McDonald's in France, which encourages people from all walks of life to "come as you are" to its restaurants.
After presenting the commercial, O'Reilly asked whether it makes someone want to buy a Big Mac, to which Fox News anchor Jane Skinner replied, "I'm not a gay man, so I really couldn't answer that question." She said that the message was confusing and added that the brand manager of McDonald's said the commercial was intended to show modern life without judging.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- POLL: Even Republicans Say Marriage Equality Hasn't Affected Them
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 9 Ugly Faces of HIV Stigma