Topless Trans Women Cause Stir at Delaware Beach
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 03 2010 12:25 PM ET
Delaware’s Rehoboth Beach isn’t topless, but a few transgender women caused a stir when they took their tops off, prompting passersby to complain to cops.
According to the complaint, the women removed their tops and revealed their surgically enhanced breasts at the beach over Memorial Day weekend. A lifeguard asked them to put their tops on, and though they initially refused, they complied before the cops arrived.
Police Chief Keith Banks says even if the women hadn’t put their tops on, they couldn’t have been charged because they still have male genitalia. He said he sees no need for a specific law to address the issue.
Read the Associated Press story here, which refers to the trans women as men.
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- REPORT: Lawsuit Targets Woman Killed in Caitlyn Jenner Crash
- U.S. Marine Claims 'Trans Panic' in Murder of Trans Filipina Jennifer Laude
- Op-ed: We Just Saw a Turning Point for Global LGBT Rights
- Op-ed: Whither Gay Provincetown?