Topless Trans Women Cause Stir at Delaware Beach
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 03 2010 12:25 PM ET
Delaware’s Rehoboth Beach isn’t topless, but a few transgender women caused a stir when they took their tops off, prompting passersby to complain to cops.
According to the complaint, the women removed their tops and revealed their surgically enhanced breasts at the beach over Memorial Day weekend. A lifeguard asked them to put their tops on, and though they initially refused, they complied before the cops arrived.
Police Chief Keith Banks says even if the women hadn’t put their tops on, they couldn’t have been charged because they still have male genitalia. He said he sees no need for a specific law to address the issue.
Read the Associated Press story here, which refers to the trans women as men.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People