Topless Trans Women Cause Stir at Delaware Beach
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 03 2010 12:25 PM ET
Delaware’s Rehoboth Beach isn’t topless, but a few transgender women caused a stir when they took their tops off, prompting passersby to complain to cops.
According to the complaint, the women removed their tops and revealed their surgically enhanced breasts at the beach over Memorial Day weekend. A lifeguard asked them to put their tops on, and though they initially refused, they complied before the cops arrived.
Police Chief Keith Banks says even if the women hadn’t put their tops on, they couldn’t have been charged because they still have male genitalia. He said he sees no need for a specific law to address the issue.
Read the Associated Press story here, which refers to the trans women as men.
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges