Topless Trans Women Cause Stir at Delaware Beach
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 03 2010 11:25 AM ET
Delaware’s Rehoboth Beach isn’t topless, but a few transgender women caused a stir when they took their tops off, prompting passersby to complain to cops.
According to the complaint, the women removed their tops and revealed their surgically enhanced breasts at the beach over Memorial Day weekend. A lifeguard asked them to put their tops on, and though they initially refused, they complied before the cops arrived.
Police Chief Keith Banks says even if the women hadn’t put their tops on, they couldn’t have been charged because they still have male genitalia. He said he sees no need for a specific law to address the issue.
Read the Associated Press story here, which refers to the trans women as men.
- Comedy Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School 1 hour 8 min ago
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: These Couples Prove Love Is Love 2 hours 8 min ago
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' December 08 2013 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member December 08 2013 7:00 AM