Topless Trans Women Cause Stir at Delaware Beach
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 03 2010 12:25 PM ET
Delaware’s Rehoboth Beach isn’t topless, but a few transgender women caused a stir when they took their tops off, prompting passersby to complain to cops.
According to the complaint, the women removed their tops and revealed their surgically enhanced breasts at the beach over Memorial Day weekend. A lifeguard asked them to put their tops on, and though they initially refused, they complied before the cops arrived.
Police Chief Keith Banks says even if the women hadn’t put their tops on, they couldn’t have been charged because they still have male genitalia. He said he sees no need for a specific law to address the issue.
Read the Associated Press story here, which refers to the trans women as men.
- Kris Humphries Doesn't Support Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel