Obama Includes Gay Dads in Proclamation
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 19 2010 10:30 AM ET
President Obama issued a Father’s Day Proclamation on Friday that includes gay dads.
From the president’s proclamation: “Nurturing families come in many forms, and children may be raised by a father and mother, single father, two fathers, a stepfather, a grandfather, or caring guardian. We owe a special debt of gratitude for those parents serving in the United States Armed Forces and their families, whose sacrifices protect the lives and liberties of all American children. For the character they build, the doors they open, and the love they provide over our lifetimes, all our fathers deserve our unending appreciation and admiration.”
Read the full proclamation here.
- 14 Camp Classics We Can't Stop Quoting — Bad Girls Edition
- The Backlash
- Obama Cracks Marriage Equality Jokes at White House Correspondent's Dinner
- Bruce Jenner's Republican Revelation Draws Anger, Praise
- Op-ed: Drag Race's Prison-Themed Challenge Raised Uncomfortable Questions
- Another Event Moves; Gay Hotel Owners Apologize for Ted Cruz Dinner Party