Chicago Pride to Feature Cubs Float
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 21 2010 8:35 PM ET
For the first time, the Chicago Cubs will have a
float in the Windy City's gay pride parade.
The Cubs play at Wrigley Field in the city's Boystown district, and a gay woman, Laura Ricketts, is one of the four owners of the National League team.
Outsports reports that the Chicago Blackhawks hockey team is also expected to participate in the parade on June 27.
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'
- Right-Wingers Claim Gay Republicans Are 'Wrong,' 'Terrible Role Models'
- Will PrEP Make Gay Men Stop Using Condoms?