Chicago Pride to Feature Cubs Float
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 21 2010 8:35 PM ET
For the first time, the Chicago Cubs will have a
float in the Windy City's gay pride parade.
The Cubs play at Wrigley Field in the city's Boystown district, and a gay woman, Laura Ricketts, is one of the four owners of the National League team.
Outsports reports that the Chicago Blackhawks hockey team is also expected to participate in the parade on June 27.
- Op-ed: In The Long Run, Michael Sam Being Cut Was About Homophobia
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- Op-ed: HIV Is No Longer A Death Sentence But It Still Isn't Easy
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- Op-ed: Miley's Date Proves Homelessness Is the Real Crime
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out