Chicago Pride to Feature Cubs Float
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 21 2010 8:35 PM ET
For the first time, the Chicago Cubs will have a
float in the Windy City's gay pride parade.
The Cubs play at Wrigley Field in the city's Boystown district, and a gay woman, Laura Ricketts, is one of the four owners of the National League team.
Outsports reports that the Chicago Blackhawks hockey team is also expected to participate in the parade on June 27.
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40