Chicago Pride to Feature Cubs Float
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 21 2010 8:35 PM ET
For the first time, the Chicago Cubs will have a
float in the Windy City's gay pride parade.
The Cubs play at Wrigley Field in the city's Boystown district, and a gay woman, Laura Ricketts, is one of the four owners of the National League team.
Outsports reports that the Chicago Blackhawks hockey team is also expected to participate in the parade on June 27.
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Miley Cyrus Confirms: 'I'm Pansexual'
- Op-ed: Michael Sam Helps Therapy Come Out of the Closet
- WATCH: Josh Duggar's Hypocrisy Is No 'Excuse to Live in Sin,' Scolds Tony Perkins
- Op-ed: Whither Gay Provincetown?