Etheridge: No Money for Tammy Lynn
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 04 2010 12:45 PM ET
Melissa Etheridge filed paperwork Friday to officially dissolve her domestic partnership with Tammy Lynn Michaels. Now court documents reveal Etheridge is seeking joint custody of their children and asked the court not to award financial support to Michaels.
“i gave up my managers, agents, contacts, all that good stuff, because i stepped directly into potty training a small boy, and carrying around a small girl on my hip,” Michaels wrote on her blog Saturday after posting a poem in which she says she was blindsided by finding the paperwork had been filed.
“i was always the house wife after that,” she continues. “the only thing i hated about it was not bringing in money- i have made my own money since i started babysitting at 10, and having a newspaper route at 11. having no steady paycheck killed me for those years with her. and now it's really killing me. the other week i had to borrow money from a friend. two weeks ago i had to scrape together $1.25 to pay for gas. i know she doesn't want to give me money. trust. i'm borrowing cash left and right from people to get through this summer, and feed my kids, with a stomach full of ulcers, thank you.”
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition 1 min 40 sec ago
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder 34 min 16 sec ago
- Politics Puerto Rico House Approves Antidiscrimination Bill 42 min 32 sec ago
- Entertainment News Week in Geek: Star Trek Actor Gets Wet and Naked, Justice League, and More 1 hour 30 min ago
- Activism Multimedia Project Addresses LGBT Rights Among Palestinians 1 hour 55 min ago
- Women WATCH: Sara Gilbert is a Lesbian Stereotype in Flannel and Birkenstocks 3:36 PM
- Women Lena Dunham Is NOT Amused By Lesbian Porn Parody of Girls 2:54 PM