Bill Clinton Officiates at Weiner Wedding
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 11 2010 12:05 PM ET
Former president Bill Clinton officiated at the Saturday nuptials of Congressman Anthony Weiner of New York and Huma Abedin, a top aide to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
According to WPIX, which cited an Associated Press report, “Clinton spokesman Matt McKenna said President Clinton was authorized to perform the nuptials, but didn't elaborate.”
The wedding took place at Oheka Castle in Huntington, Long Island.
Weiner, 45, represents parts of Brooklyn and Queens and is discussed as a potential New York City mayoral candidate in 2013. He was an ardent supporter of Secretary Clinton’s 2008 presidential campaign. The congressman and Abedin, 34, dated for about two years, according to WPIX.
Politico offers a photo of the newlyweds. The bride wore a gown by Oscar de la Renta.
The Clintons are preparing for the wedding of their daughter, Chelsea, who will marry longtime boyfriend Marc Mezvinsky on July 31 on Martha's Vineyard, reports WPIX.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Texas Antigay Group Raising Money to Fight LGBT 'Army'
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- PHOTOS: Equality Advocates Picket Antigay Kentucky Clerk