First Same-Sex Wedding Set in Argentina
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 16 2010 8:25 PM ET
The first legal same-sex wedding in Argentina is scheduled for August 13 and will join two gay men in their 60s. Ernesto Rodriguez Larrese, 60, and Alejandro Vanelli, 61, who have lived together for 34 years, will be the first gay couple authorized by municipal officials in Buenos Aires.
On Thursday, Argentina became the first country in Latin America to legalize same-sex marriage. Maria Rachid, head of the Argentine LGBT Federation, says she expects about 100 same-sex couples to wed around the same date.
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times