First Same-Sex Wedding Set in Argentina
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 16 2010 7:25 PM ET
The first legal same-sex wedding in Argentina is scheduled for August 13 and will join two gay men in their 60s. Ernesto Rodriguez Larrese, 60, and Alejandro Vanelli, 61, who have lived together for 34 years, will be the first gay couple authorized by municipal officials in Buenos Aires.
On Thursday, Argentina became the first country in Latin America to legalize same-sex marriage. Maria Rachid, head of the Argentine LGBT Federation, says she expects about 100 same-sex couples to wed around the same date.
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM