First Same-Sex Wedding Set in Argentina
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 16 2010 8:25 PM ET
The first legal same-sex wedding in Argentina is scheduled for August 13 and will join two gay men in their 60s. Ernesto Rodriguez Larrese, 60, and Alejandro Vanelli, 61, who have lived together for 34 years, will be the first gay couple authorized by municipal officials in Buenos Aires.
On Thursday, Argentina became the first country in Latin America to legalize same-sex marriage. Maria Rachid, head of the Argentine LGBT Federation, says she expects about 100 same-sex couples to wed around the same date.
- Mean Girls Actor Daniel Franzese Comes Out
- WATCH: Navy Baseball Players Sing 'Brozen'
- WATCH: Cokie Roberts Stands Up to Antigay Religious Activists
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Highlights 'Confusion' in U.S. on LGBT Issues
- WATCH: Picking Up Random Strangers Of The Same Sex
- PHOTOS: NPH's NYC Theater Highlights