First Same-Sex Wedding Set in Argentina
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 16 2010 7:25 PM ET
The first legal same-sex wedding in Argentina is scheduled for August 13 and will join two gay men in their 60s. Ernesto Rodriguez Larrese, 60, and Alejandro Vanelli, 61, who have lived together for 34 years, will be the first gay couple authorized by municipal officials in Buenos Aires.
On Thursday, Argentina became the first country in Latin America to legalize same-sex marriage. Maria Rachid, head of the Argentine LGBT Federation, says she expects about 100 same-sex couples to wed around the same date.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View