Target CEO Defends Campaign Donation
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 27 2010 8:30 PM ET
Target Corp. chief executive Gregg Steinhafel said Tuesday that the company's support of the gay community is "unwavering," despite a $150,000 donation to a group supporting the gubernatorial candidacy of an antigay Minnesota politician.
According to the Associated Press, Target gave the campaign funds to MN Forward, which is affiliated with the state's outgoing Republican governor, Tim Pawlenty. The political group has supported television ads for state Rep. Tom Emmer, who opposes marriage equality.
"We rarely endorse all advocated positions of the organizations or candidates we support, and we do not have a political or social agenda," Steinhafel wrote in an e-mail. "Let me be very clear, Target's support of the GLBT community is unwavering, and inclusiveness remains a core value of our company."
Read the full article here.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Sports Robbie Rogers Returns as First Openly Gay Footballer 37 min 12 sec ago
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 4:00 AM
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM