One Mom’s Boycott of Target
BY David Moretti
July 29 2010 4:10 PM ET
Randi Reitan took it upon herself to show Target Corp. that gay and
pro-gay consumers will no longer be shopping in Target stores. Or at
least she hopes to start the trend through example.
In the following video Reitan purchases over $200 worth of merchandise — including items for her son, who is gay, and her grandchildren, who love and support him. She then returns the items and explains to the manager why they wouldn’t want the products, knowing they were purchased from a store that supports hate to the tune of a $150,000 donation to MN Porward, a political organization endorsing Minnesota’s antigay Republican candidate for governor, Tom Emmer.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos 9 min 6 sec ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland 1 hour 30 min ago
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' 1 hour 48 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator 1 hour 55 min ago
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins 2 hours 10 min ago
- Entertainment News Need to Know: Alabama’s All-Male Cheerleading Squad 2 hours 21 min ago
- Sports National Gay & Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame’s First Class Announced 2 hours 49 min ago